Does my child qualify?
– Must be less than 19 years of age
– Must not be eligible for Medicaid
– Must not have had health insurance for at least six months
– Must not have voluntarily dropped child’s insurance within the past 6 months – Family income must be at or below 213% of the Federal Poverty Line.
Due to changes in the Affordable Care Act, effective Jan. 1, 2014, KCHIP eligibility is determined using the Modified Adjusted Gross Income and family size based on the tax filing unit of the household. A family is considered a child or children and the natural, adoptive or step parents residing in a household.
What is KCHIP?
The K-CHIP staff understands that access to health care is very important and that preventive care is a large part of health care. Immunizations, well child checkups, and other preventive services help children get and stay healthy. For example, a family of four can earn up to $50,801 a year and qualify for KCHIP for their children under 19 years of age.
How can I apply?
– Apply online through the Kentucky Health Benefit Exchange at https://kynect.ky.gov/PreScreening
– Click “Check for eligibility” listed below
– Call (855) 459-6328
– Pick up an application at any local health department, doctors’ offices, hospitals, pharmacies or schools.
For help completing an application, call (855-459-6328).
If you prefer, visit your local Department for Community Based Services Office to apply for KCHIP. Be sure to take all required information and documentation with you.
For assistance in Spanish: (800) 662-5397