Services Vocational Rehabilitation provides include:
– Assessment for determining eligibility and needs
– Counseling and guidance
– Vocational and training services
– Supported employment
– Personal Assistant Services
– Interpreter and note taking
– Telecommunications, sensory and other technical aides
– Job placement and job retention services
– Employment follow-up and post-employment services.
Do I qualify for Vocational Rehabilitation services?
– You must require Vocational Rehabilitation services in order to attain your employment goals
– If you receive Social Security disability benefits, you are considered to be an individual with a significant disability and are presumed to be eligible for services
– Your impairment must result in a substantial impediment to employment
– It is not necessary to receive SSI to qualify for this program
– You must be of employable age by completion of rehabilitation.
How can I apply for Vocational Rehabilitation?
See the Directory at www.ovr.ky.gov/programservices/district.htm to contact the office nearest you or call (800) 372-7172 for more information.
What can I expect during this phone call?
An appointment will be made for you to meet with a counselor. Your eligibility will be determined within 60 days of your application.