How can I apply for TBI?
Complete the online form at https://prd.chfs.ky.gov/GenLogEX/Detail.aspx?TK=50&Item=0 or call toll-free at (855) 816-9577 or (502) 564-6930.
Do I qualify?
– Partial or total disability caused by injury to the brain
– Damage to the brain from physical trauma, lack of oxygen, allergic conditions, toxic substances and other medical incidents
– Impaired cognitive abilities or impaired brain function resulting from allergic conditions, toxic substances, or other acute medical clinical incidents, including damage caused by drug overdoses or alcohol poisoning.
– There are no caps for family income levels used to screen for services.
– There is a benefit limit of $15,000 per individual per year, with a lifetime maximum of $60,000.
The following services are not covered under this program:
– Services for anyone who is a hospital, institutional, or incarcerated resident.