How can I apply for SSI?
Call the Social Security Administration (SSA) office to schedule an appointment at your local office.
(800) 772-1213 or (800) 325-0778 (TTY)
SSI applications are not available online, however, visit http://www.ssa.gov/disabilityssi/ssi.html for instructions on how to apply.
Do I qualify for SSI?
To receive SSI, you must be 65 or older or blind or disabled
– Children as well as adults can receive benefits
– SSI is based on financial need
– You must be determined disabled by the Social Security Administration Disability Determination Office
– SSI recipients are automatically eligible for Medicaid.