Participant Directed Services (PDS)
Description: Participant Directed Services (PDS) allows people eligible for Medicaid waiver services to choose their own providers for nonmedical waiver services. Provider choice gives members greater flexibility in the delivery of services received.
Kentucky Medicaid members may participate in PDS if they currently receive or are eligible for services through the Home and Community Based Waiver (HCB), Supports for Community Living Waiver (SCL), the Acquired Brain Injury Acute Waiver (ABI-A), the Long-Term Care Brain Injury Waiver (ABI LTC) or the Michelle P Waiver (MP).
PDS Participant Responsibilities
• Work with assigned support brokers/service advisors to develop individual plans of care that include support spending and emergency backup plans.
• Hire, train, schedule and terminate staff as necessary.
• Follow the plan of care and support spending plan and stay within budget limits.
• Meet any patient liability obligations as determined by the Department for Community Based Services.
• Choose a representative, if needed or desired.
• Submit paperwork correctly and on time.
• Follow PDS rules and guidelines.
Phone Number: (502) 564-6930
Mailing Address: KY Health Choices
Consumer Directed Option
Department for Aging and Independent Living
275 E. Main St., 3E-E
Frankfort, KY 40621